- 2 brown onions, Cut into halves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 celery stick, Cut into pieces
- 900 g Beef Chuck Steak (or Braising Steak), cut into 3cm pieces
- 30 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 250 g red wine
- 250 g water
- 300 g carrots, cut into 1 cm rounds
- 2 tbsp Vegetable or Meat Stock Paste
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves, or 1 tsp of dried Thyme
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 --- dried bay leaves
1h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion, garlic, celery and olive oil into mixing bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then, saute 3 min/120c/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Remove simmering basket, add beef, plain flour and paprika and cook for 2 min/120c/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1 with measuring cup in place
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook for 45 min/80c/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed "Gentle stir setting" with measuring cup in place.
- Replace the measuring cup with the simmering basket and cook for 35min/varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed "Gentle stir setting" .
- Carefully remove bay leaves and serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Turkey Stuffing
- Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Savoury Mince
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Paleo Meatloaf
- Stirfry Minced Pork with Eggplant
- Thermomixtress' Favourite Savoury Mince Recipe
- GF Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
- Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- Lamb Koftas with Yoghurt Dressing