- 900 grams butterfly lamb leg, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3 sprigs rosemary, approximately 20cm in length
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1000 grams water
- 1 tablespoon TM vegie stock paste
- 2-3 tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil
- Vegetables, of your choice for roasting
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
Trim lamb and cut into thirds, place in casserole dish.
Place 2 x garlic cloves and leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs in the TM bowl. Mill on speed 7 for 10 seconds. Rub rosemary and garlic over lamb, add approximately 1 tbspn oil, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside for approximately 30 minutes. Do not wash TM bowl.
While the lamb is resting, prepare the vegetables to your liking and place them in a roasting pan for baking in the oven. Line the roasting pan with foil as it’s easier to clean at the end!
Toss the remaining rosemary and garlic with olive oil through the vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place roasting pan with vegetables in the oven – they’ll take approximately one hour.
Add 1000gms water and 1 tbspn vegie stock paste to the TM bowl which contains the remains of the rosemary and garlic. Rub a little olive oil over the Varoma tray and dish.
Heat approximately 1 tbspn olive oil in the frying pan. On a relatively high heat, sear the lamb on both sides to brown. Place the lamb on the Varoma tray.
Check the vegies after 30 minutes, re-toss, add a little more olive oil, salt and pepper as required. Return the vegies to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
Steam the lamb as follows:
Rare: 10 minutes, Varoma, speed 3
Medium: 15 minutes, Varoma, speed 3
Well done: 20 minutes, Varoma, speed 3.
Once the lamb is cooked, place it in the 2.5L oval Thermoserver to rest.
In the frying pan, add the plain flour and a little cold water. Using an egg slice, loosen the lamb drippings and mix the flour and water together. Once the consistency is smooth, add sufficient stock from the TM bowl (approximately 250gms) to the frying pan to make the gravy. On a low heat, bring the gravy to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Season the gravy to taste.
Remove the lamb from the Thermoserver, carve and return to the Thermoserver to serve.
Serve the vegies on a warmer platter, pour the gravy into the gravy boat and serve immediately!
Enjoy with a glass of Australian red wine to your liking!
You'll also need the following:
Large heavy based frying pan2.5L oval Thermoserver20cm square casserole dishRoasting trayGravy boatFoil
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)