- 40 grams sesame seeds or peanuts, dry roasted or toasted
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, just scrape the skin off with a sharp knife
- 1 small piece red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 x 230g gram tin of water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp Shao Shing Chinese wine
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
- 80 grams bean sprouts or cucumber, finely julienned
1. Place the seeds or peanuts into your TM bowl, and dry roast for 8 mins/100 deg/sp 1.
2. Place onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into TM bowl and chop for 5 sec/sp 7.
3. Add peanut oil and saute for 3 mins/Varoma/sp 1.
4. Add the minced pork and cook for 10 min/ Varoma .
5. Add the water chestnuts, oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese wine and cook for a further 3-4 minutes / Varoma /
6. Add shallots and stir through 30 sec// sp 2.
7. Serve into lettuce leaf cups, top with bean sprouts or cucumber and sesame seeds.
Eat straight away!
Experiment with half pork and half chicken mince.
Try mincing your meat in the TM. See your Everyday Cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.