- 100 g chorizo sausage
- 40 g olive oil
- 600 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips (about 1 cm x 5 cm)
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- 1 red capsicum, Deseeded and roughly chopped, 1 quarter kept aside and thinly sliced to use as garnish
- 50 g tomato paste
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 100 g arborio rice
- 25 g Vege Stock Concentrate Paste
- 1 Stem of fresh shallots, Thinly sliced for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Place chorizo and 20g of oil into mixing bowl and cook 6 min/100°C//speed 1 with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid. Set aside.
Place remaining 20g oil and chicken strips into mixing bowl and cook 10min/100°C// . Set aside with the chorizo.
Place onion, garlic cloves, chilli and red capsicum (except for the quarter you will use to garnish) into mixing bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add tomato paste, canned tomatoes, and stock and cook 3min/Varoma/speed 2 with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid.
Add arborio rice, cooked chorizo and chicken, and cook 15 min/100°C// with measuring cup removed and simmering basket on mixing bowl lid. Transfer to a ThermoServer and allow to rest of five minutes before serving
When serving, pop with your red and green garnishes - Capsicum and sliced shallots
This makes enough for 4, with enough left over for a small bowl to be left out for Santa x
Accessories you need
Recipe suited for TM31 & TM5
Serve Chicken and chorizo stew with fresh bread rolls and butter
For added flavour add some pitted black olives when transferring into the Thermoserver
Serve on a bed of Baby Spinach
Chorizo can be replaced with Bacon
For a stew with a bite - don't deseed your chilli.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- Tim Tam and Peanut Butter Brownie
- Nadias' Tomato Sauce
- Rawlicious Raspberry Cheesecake
- Mango and Berry Smoothie
- Cinnamon and Cranberry Buns
- Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Bark
- Nadias' Tikka Paste
- Nadias' Sweet Chilli, Ham and Cheese Scrolls
- Nadia Brown
- Nadias' Zuchinni Muffins and Slice
- Nadia's Thai Green Chicken Curry Parcels with Coconut and Lemongrass Rice