- 600 grams lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons Kasundi paste, (for a bit of a kick - search for a TM recipe)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon EDC Stock Paste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed in small amt of water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 150 grams tomato paste (one tub)
- 150 grams red wine
- frozen peas, cup
- 800 grams potatoes cubed
- 200 grams Milk
- 30 grams Butter
- 30 grams cream
- salt / pepper to taste
- Grated cheese to top, (mozzarella preferred)
I prefer to fry mince separately and then add to mixture as this releases some of the liquid and has a better flavour. Fry up the mince in a small amount of EVOO and add oregano, pepper and the Kasundi paste (this gives the mince a light spicy kick).
Place onion, garlic & carrot in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
Add oil and saute 2mins / 100 deg / speed 1
Add fried mince, chopped capsicum, tomato paste, stock paste, Worcestershire & oyster sauces, cornflour mix and red wine and cook 15 mins / varoma /
Pour into casserole dish and mix in frozen peas. Rinse TM bowl well and turn on oven 200 deg.
Add potatoes, milk, salt, pepper to TM bowl and cook 20-25 mins / 90 degrees / speed 1 (until soft)
Add butter & cream, insert butterfly and mash 30 sec / speed 4
Spread potato topping on top of meat filling in casserole dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in moderate oven for approx 10-30 minutes until hot and the cheese melts and bubbles.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken