- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 300 g Baker's Flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 g (approx. 4) brown onions, cut into quarters
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 5 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 0.5 tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 500 g lamb mince
- 30 g pine nuts
- olive oil, for greasing
- plain flour, for dusting
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- Place oil, water, sugar and yeast into mixing bowl and mix 2 min/37°C/speed 3.
- Add flour and salt and knead 3 min/. Transfer dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour). Proceed with recipe while dough rises.
- Place garlic, onion and tomatoes into mixing bowl and chop 30 sec/speed 5. Transfer mixture into simmering basket, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible (see Tips).
- Place parsley and mint into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add strained tomatoes mixture, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, paprika, allspice, chilli flakes, pomegranate molasses and mince and knead 3 min/.
- Add pine nuts and stir well with aid of spatula. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Grease 2 large baking trays (approx. 30 x 40 cm) well with oil and place into oven. Preheat oven to 250°C (see Tips).
- Turn out risen dough onto a floured work surface. Using floured hands, divide dough into 6 equal portions (approx. 80 g each). Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a thin, flat circle (18-20 cm). Remove baking trays from oven and carefully place 1-2 dough circles onto each tray (see Tips).
- Divide half of the reserved meat topping between flatbreads on tray and gently spread thinly and evenly over each piece of dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake for 10-15 minutes (250°C) or until the edges of the flatbreads are golden and crispy. Transfer onto a wire rack and cover to keep warm.
- Place remaining dough circles onto baking trays. Gently spread remaining meat topping thinly and evenly over each piece of dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake for 10-15 minutes (250°C) or until edges of the flatbreads are golden and crispy. Serve with lemon wedges (see Tips).
Assembly and baking
To achieve a crispy base on the flatbreads, ensure your baking trays are hot and well greased before placing flatbread onto it to bake. This prevents the breads from sticking. Grease and heat tray in between baking of flatbreads.
Freeze any leftover tomato juice to be added to stews or soups.
We suggested squeezing a little lemon juice over flatbreads just before serving.
Accompany with salads and garnish with chopped mint and parsley, if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago