- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 300 g Baker's Flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 g (approx. 4) brown onions, cut into quarters
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 5 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 0.5 tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 500 g lamb mince
- 30 g pine nuts
- olive oil, for greasing
- plain flour, for dusting
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- Place oil, water, sugar and yeast into mixing bowl and mix 2 min/37°C/speed 3.
- Add flour and salt and knead 3 min/. Transfer dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour). Proceed with recipe while dough rises.
- Place garlic, onion and tomatoes into mixing bowl and chop 30 sec/speed 5. Transfer mixture into simmering basket, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible (see Tips).
- Place parsley and mint into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add strained tomatoes mixture, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, paprika, allspice, chilli flakes, pomegranate molasses and mince and knead 3 min/.
- Add pine nuts and stir well with aid of spatula. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Grease 2 large baking trays (approx. 30 x 40 cm) well with oil and place into oven. Preheat oven to 250°C (see Tips).
- Turn out risen dough onto a floured work surface. Using floured hands, divide dough into 6 equal portions (approx. 80 g each). Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a thin, flat circle (18-20 cm). Remove baking trays from oven and carefully place 1-2 dough circles onto each tray (see Tips).
- Divide half of the reserved meat topping between flatbreads on tray and gently spread thinly and evenly over each piece of dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake for 10-15 minutes (250°C) or until the edges of the flatbreads are golden and crispy. Transfer onto a wire rack and cover to keep warm.
- Place remaining dough circles onto baking trays. Gently spread remaining meat topping thinly and evenly over each piece of dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake for 10-15 minutes (250°C) or until edges of the flatbreads are golden and crispy. Serve with lemon wedges (see Tips).
Assembly and baking
To achieve a crispy base on the flatbreads, ensure your baking trays are hot and well greased before placing flatbread onto it to bake. This prevents the breads from sticking. Grease and heat tray in between baking of flatbreads.
Freeze any leftover tomato juice to be added to stews or soups.
We suggested squeezing a little lemon juice over flatbreads just before serving.
Accompany with salads and garnish with chopped mint and parsley, if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Gingerbread house (gluten-free)
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Pavlova towers
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough