- 1 pieces Pork Belly
- 3 cloves star anise
- 1 tablespoons mixed spice
- 0.5 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Sticky Coconut Aminos Sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 100 g white wine
- 1 --- Large Green Chilli Deseeded
- 4 clove fresh garlic
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, to Garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cut the belly into squares about 2 x 3cm in size. Plunge them into boiling salted water for 30 seconds to seal the edges of the meat.
Strain the belly pieces out of the boiling water and place into your slow cooker.
Rub the pork belly all over with the mixed spice and salt rub.
Put all the ingredients for the sauce in the thermomix and blend for 20 seconds on speed 9, scrape down sides and blend for another 5 seconds.
Pour the sauce all over the pork
Add the star anise and turn the slow cooker onto high.
Cook for at least 3 hours or until the meat is melting and tender.
Scoop out the pork pieces and place into a thermoserver or other serving dish. Cover in sauce from the slow cooker, making sure you get the sauce from the bottom, not the pork fat that is covering the top of the sauce.
Uses slow cooker for the cooking,
Can also be done in a very low oven in a heavy caserole pot with lid.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Custard Cross Buns
- Gut Loving Strawberry & Coconut Gummies
- Banana Pikelets
- Kirsten's Baked Vanilla Fig Cheesecake with Balsamic Fig Glaze
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Lemon Coconut Protein Balls
- Peanut butter brownie Bliss Balls
- Garlic and honey sandwich pickles
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles