- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 carrot, cut into quarters
- 2 celery stalks, cut into quarters
- 10 grams olive oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 20 grams tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italien seasoning, or you can use dried basil and oregano
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small even chunks
- mixture of vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, squash, snow peas
8Recipe is created for
1. Place the garlic in the TM bowl. Chop for 3 seconds/speed 8
2. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Chip for 10 seconds/speed 5
3. Add the oil. Sauté for 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1 with the MC out.
4. Add the tomato paste, can of tinned tomato, spices and tomato to the TM bowl.
5. Place the chicken pieces on the top level of the Varoma. Cook for 30 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/Reverse.
6. After ten minutes, pause the cooking, and add your vegetables to the bottom level of the Varoma. Continue cooking.
7. Once 30 minutes is up, check the chicken to ensure it is cooked through. Cut a piece in half and the chicken should be white all the way through. If there are any pink bits left, cook for another 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1. Check again at the end to make sure the chicken is cooked. Repeat until chicken is cooked. **It is very dangerous to eat undercooked chicken**
You can add salt and pepper to taste at the end
Once the sauce cools, store it in an air tight container.
You can use a variety of vegetables. You may need to adjust how long they are in the Varoma depending on how soft or crunchy you like them. I find 20 minutes in the Varoma is right for my preference.
If you like a smoother sauce, you can blend it at speed 6 to your preferred consistency. Make sure you very slowly increase the speed as the sauce is hot.
You can use a variety or either dried or fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, paprika, or italien seasoning mix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta