THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cardamon pods
- 1/2 cinnamon quill
- 6 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 20 grams olive oil
- 400 grams Canned crushed tomatoes
- 50 grams pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon TM chicken stock concentrate
- 400 grams cauliflower florets
- 3 pinches salt, adjust to taste
- 500 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces (3-4 cm pieces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped, to garnish
Place all spices and plain flour into mixing bowl and dry roast 3min/Varoma/speed 1. Allow to cool (approx 5 minutes) then mill 1min/speed9. Repeat if necessary.
Add garlic clove, onion, oil & chop 3sec / speed5. Scrape down sides of bowl then saute.
Add tomatoes, dates, stock, cauliflower, salt & cook 3min / 100°C / "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" .
Add chicken & cook 15-17min / 100°C / "Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" . Place into thermoserver or allow to cool slightly in mixing bowl for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with coriander & mint & serve.
Accessories you need
- Serve with steamed rice or bread, and try pairing it with your favourite sambals or chutneys7
- incresae chicken to 750grams - cook 17-19min / insert butterfly / 100°C / "Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 2
THIS RECIPE IS FROM THE THERMOMIX CALENDAR 2014. I COULDN'T FIND ANYWHERE ON THE RECIPE COMMUNITY. IT'S A LOVELY RECIPE BURSTING WITH FLAVOUR. IF THIS RECIPE ALREADY EXISTS ON THIS FORUM PLEASE ADVISE & I SHALL HAPPILY REMOVE.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6