- 2 slices stale bread
- 400 grams Minced Beef and Veal
- 1 egg
- 30 grams Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 30 grams pine nuts
- 100 grams Mozzarella Cheese
- 50 grams onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25 grams olive oil
- 500 grams Tomato Passata or Puree
- 1/4 Cup of water
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- handful fresh basil leaves
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Lightly grease the Varoma tray.
Put in a bowl the 2 slices of bread with a little water and leave to soften.
In thermomix bowl blitz Pine nuts 4 seconds Speed 6 and set aside. They need to be only slightly chopped as you will need some crunch.
In thermomix bowl blitz the Parmesan Cheese 20 seconds Speed 7
Add to the bowl the minced beef and veal mix, 1 egg, softened bread slices, salt and pepper. Mix 30 Seconds at Speed 5.
Transfer to a bowl, add the pine nuts and mix with your hands.
Slice the mozzarella cheese into small cubes. Get at least 16 cubes.
Form meatballs with damp hands, inserting the mozzarella cubes into the centre of each meatball.
Roll each meatball in the breadcrumbs and place into greased Varoma tray.
Set Varoma aside.
Prepare the sauce.
Place onions and garlic in cleaned mixing bowl and chop. 5 Seconds speed 7.
Add olive oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100°, Soft speed.
Add the tomato puree or passata, water salt and pepper.
Place the Varoma with meatballs on top and cook for 15 minutes Varoma temperature at Soft speed.
Remove the Varoma, and gently place the meatballs into the sauce.
Roughly chop the basil and add to the sauce.
Adjust seasoning if necessary. Cook a further 2 minutes at Varoma temperature reverse at Soft speed.
You may have to increase the streaming time if the meatballs are still not cooked.
For the filling, use any cheese you like. Try Provolone or Fontina.
Recipe translated from Italian Bimby recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)