- 55 g sesame oil
- 1 or more Long Red Chili, Deseeded
- 4 or more cloves garlic, Peeled
- 10g or mor knob of ginger, Peeled
- 15 g brown sugar
- 70 g soy sauce
- 125 g rice wine vinegar
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets, Cut in 3 pieces
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Lactose free Non-dairy Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Chinese Taiwanese Creative Easy Natural Quick Birthday Buffet Everyday Holiday Party Cooking Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Asian Australian Dinner Lunch Meat dish Rice dish Sauce
1. Place sesame oil, chili, garlic and ginger into mixing bowl.
2. Chop 10 seconds, speed 7.
3. Scrape down sides.
4. Cook 2 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
5. Add brown sugar, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar to mixing bowl.
6. Place chicken in steamer basket.
7. Cook 15 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
8. Check chicken pieces are cooked through. If not, redistribute chicken pieces and cook for a further 3 minutes.
9. Place chicken in serving bowl (or ThermoServer).
10. Pour sauce through sieve over chicken, pressing sauce through with the back of a spoon, leaving the 'bits' in the sieve.
11. Serve with steamed rice (and greens, if you must).
4 chicken thigh fillets will serve 2-3 people.
To upscale this recipe to serve more people, simply double the sauce quantity and use as much chicken as required in the Varoma.
This can also be safely made in the TM31.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Tom Kha Gai - a Thai chicken and coconut milk soup (Paleo)
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Coffee Ice Cream (or any other flavour you can dream of!)
- Cornbread - moist and sweet
- Watermelon and Lime Margarita
- Spicy Corn Fritters (recipe converted from "Chin Chin - The Book. Recipes by Benjamin Cooper"
- Susan's Double Choc Mint Hot Chocolate Mix
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Three cup duck tongue
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- Pumpkin Soup