THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 600 grams chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1 leek
- 1 apple, cored & halved
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- half egg, lighly beaten
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
Add leek, carrot, zucchini & apple to ™ bowl a chop speed 8 , 5-10 secs.
You may need your vegetables very finely chopped if you have particularly fussy children & need to hide them well
Add chicken & mince for 8-15 secs on speed 7
Add sage, egg & breadcrumbs and mix all together on reverse speed 2 10 - 20 secs.
Use spatula to help mix everything round and make sure combined well.
Annabel Karmel's recipe says to shape mixture into Teddy Bear shapes about 2cm thick & 9cm across.
Sauté in vegetable oil for 12-15 mins until golden & cooked through.
Decorate with eyes, nose & mouth out of vegetable pieces.
Place all the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper.
Wrap mixture in paper and roll and shape into a big thick sausage shape (approx 9cm across)
Twist ends of paper at each end of "sausage" so that you have the mixture firmly wrapped inside baking paper.
Place in Varoma .
Fill ™ bowl with at least 800 g water.
Steam roll for at least 25 mins on Varoma heat speed 4.
Make sure cooked all the way through.
Allow to cool slightly.
This can now be cut into individual "burger" slices.
Serve with steamed vegetables or in a roll with sauce of choice.
This is very delicious served cold as well.
Can be used for kids lunches in sandwiches or just as nibble pieces for picnic etc.
Although this is from a recipe book aimed at children my whole family love this recipe, the apples keep it lovely and moist.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
- Chicken, Chorizo and potato all in one
- Boccongini stuffed meatballs
- Pork and Fennel Ragu
- chicken bacon meatloaf with caper butter sauce
- Chicken noodle balls
- HCG or Keto Beef Chili
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Beef and vegetable stew
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sticky Date Pudding
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Classic lemon tart