THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 600 grams chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1 leek
- 1 apple, cored & halved
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- half egg, lighly beaten
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
Add leek, carrot, zucchini & apple to ™ bowl a chop speed 8 , 5-10 secs.
You may need your vegetables very finely chopped if you have particularly fussy children & need to hide them well
Add chicken & mince for 8-15 secs on speed 7
Add sage, egg & breadcrumbs and mix all together on reverse speed 2 10 - 20 secs.
Use spatula to help mix everything round and make sure combined well.
Annabel Karmel's recipe says to shape mixture into Teddy Bear shapes about 2cm thick & 9cm across.
Sauté in vegetable oil for 12-15 mins until golden & cooked through.
Decorate with eyes, nose & mouth out of vegetable pieces.
Place all the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper.
Wrap mixture in paper and roll and shape into a big thick sausage shape (approx 9cm across)
Twist ends of paper at each end of "sausage" so that you have the mixture firmly wrapped inside baking paper.
Place in Varoma .
Fill ™ bowl with at least 800 g water.
Steam roll for at least 25 mins on Varoma heat speed 4.
Make sure cooked all the way through.
Allow to cool slightly.
This can now be cut into individual "burger" slices.
Serve with steamed vegetables or in a roll with sauce of choice.
This is very delicious served cold as well.
Can be used for kids lunches in sandwiches or just as nibble pieces for picnic etc.
Although this is from a recipe book aimed at children my whole family love this recipe, the apples keep it lovely and moist.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Reduced Sugar Banana Muffins
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Easy Apple Cake
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- Squid Ink Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits