- 1kg chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoon lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 chilli, to taste, roughly chopped
- 40 g brown sugar
- 60 g fish sauce
- 60 g soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 270 g coconut cream
- 400 g rice
- 1 bunch choy sum or bok choy
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees, and arrange chicken in an oven proof dish
2. Add lemongrass chilli & ginger to the bowl, blitz for 5 seconds, speed 8
3. Scrape down sides of bowl
4. Add sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and coconut milk
5. blend on speed 5 for 10 seconds
6. pour over chicken and stir to ensure evenly coated.
7. Bake for 1 hour
With 20 minutes cooking time remaining -
1. add rice to steaming basket and place in bowl, with 900g water
2. add choy sum to varoma and place on top
3. cook for 18 minutes/varoma/speed 4
Rice & Choy Sum
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- Marinated goats cheese
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Peas Pulao
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon & Chia Protein Cookies
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- Red Tortoise Cake - Ang Ku Kuih