- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 long red chilli
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 40 g peanut oil
- 40 g soy sauce
- 20 g brown sugar
- 2 spring onions, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 40 g water
- 1 eggplant, (approx. 400 g), cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 300 g pork fillet, cut into strips (1 cm)
- 6 sprigs coriander, leaves only
- 5 sprigs mint, leaves only
- 2-3 bunches bok choy, trimmed
- 1000 g water
- 200-300 g Jasmine rice
Place garlic, chilli and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
Add peanut oil then sauté 3 min/100oC/speed 1.
Add soy sauce, brown sugar, spring onion, oyster sauce, water, eggplant and red capsicum and cook 4 min/Varoma//speed 1.
Add pork and cook 4 min/100oC//speed 1.
Add coriander and mint leaves into mixing bowl and cook 1 min/100oC//speed 1. Transfer into ThermoServer to keep warm.
Place bok choy into Varoma dish and set aside.
Insert simmering basket into mixing bowl and weigh rice into it. Rinse rice until water runs clear. Place water into mixing bowl and reinsert simmering basket with rice and cook 6 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Place Varoma into position and cook a further 10 min/Varoma/speed 2. Serve rice and steamed bok choy with Thai pork and eggplant.
Adapted from Taste Magazine March 2015 p. 38
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread
- Old fashioned cream buns with mock cream filling
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Honey mustard chicken
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Royal Mojito- Sugar Free
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup