- 20 g olive oil or ghee
- 1 onion, large, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 cm piece ginger
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom ground
- 3 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 bayleaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 g olive oil or ghee
- 1 red capsicum, large, seeded and sliced
- 1000 g Beef, trimmed of fat and sliced
- 500ml water
2h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Put onions, garlic, ginger in TM bowl, chop 10 secs speed 5.
- Add vegetable oil. Saute 10 mins 100C speed 2.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cardamom, chilli powder, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook 10mins 100C speed 2.
- Let the sauce cool slightly, remove bay leaf. Slowly blend speed 9 20sec until sauce is smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy based casserole dish, stir fry capsicum 2 mins, remove.
- Add remaining oil, stir fry beef in batches until it starts to turn brown.
- Return all the beef and capsicum to casserole dish, add sauce, Rinse TM bowl with the water, add to casserole dish.
- Simmer for 2hrs on low heat or until tender.
Accessories you need
Serve garnished with chopped coriander, rice and indian bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mango chutney by Sueanne
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Potsticker dumplings and broth