THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 8 pieces Veal Girello, Thinned with a mallet, I have allowed 2 to make each roll as the slices were small
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 Handfuls Spinach Leaves, Stalks removed
- 12 sage leaves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 Brown Onions, Peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 grams oil
- 1 teaspoon porcini powder
- 120 grams marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons Milk, (Or cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon TM vege stock concentrate, (or salt)
- 700 grams Potatoes, Peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 50 grams Salted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 handful green beans, I used frozen beans
- 2 Handfuls Brocolli, I used frozen brocolli
1. Place Onion and Garlic for the sauce, into the TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/spd 5. Scrape bowl. Chop, 5 sec/spd 5.
2. Add Oil. Saute` 20 mins/Varoma/Spd 2.
3. Set Aside.
1. Place 2 sheets of Plastic wrap on bench, overlapping by 1/2. Repeat so there are four.
2. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on each plastic wrap. Place 2 pieces of Veal on top (one in front of the other, only a slight overlap), followed by a single layer of spinach, and 3 of the sage leaves.
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt on each.
4. Using the Plastic wrap to assist you, roll the veal into tight logs.
5. Push air out from ends, roll, and tie with a knot right at the end of the meat.
6. Put meat into bottom Varoma tray and set aside.
1. Place 800g water into TM bowl.
2. Place potatoes into steamer basket and place this into the TM bowl.
3. Place Varoma containing meat on top.
4. Cook 18 mins/Varoma/Spd 4.
5. Meanwhile, place the greens into the top Varoma tray and set aside.
6. Once the timer has finished, add the top Varoma tray containing the green vegetables. Cook 8 mins/Varoma/Spd 4.
7. Remove Varoma tray and steaming basket and set aside.
8. Empty water from TM bowl. No need to wash bowl.
1. Place the butterfly into the TM bowl.
2. Put the cooked potatoes into the bowl.
3. Add the Butter and Salt.
4. Mash 25 sec/Spd 4.
5. Scrape out potatoes into a bowl. Quickly wash TM bowl.
6. Set aside for serving.
1. Put the previously caramelised onion and garlic into the TM bowl. Add remaining ingredients: Porcini Powder, Masala Wine, Honey, Milk & TM Vege Stock Concentrate.
2. Blend 3 sec/Speed 6. Cook 5 Mins/80C/Spd 2.
Caramelising the Onions and Garlic for the Sauce
Making the Veal rolls
Cooking the Potatoes and the vegetables
Making the Mashed Potato
Making the Sauce
Accessories you need
If you are time poor, you can do away with caramelising the onion sand garlic at the beginning of the recipe. Just chop onions and garlic and cook 5 mins/100C/Spd2, just before adding the other ingredients to the sauce after cooking everything else. Alternatively, caramelise the onions and garlic ahead of time and refrigerate until you are making the sauce.
Porcini Powder is not absolutely necessary, just a nice addition.
Marsala wine could be substitued with Sherry.
Pour your steaming water onto your garden once it has cooled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Maple Syrup Orange Silver Side
- Curried Sausages
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Macadamia Parmesan
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Toasted Granola
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Tomato Sauce