- 2 Eschallots or spring onions, chopped roughly
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (light)
- 1.5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons raw or rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese or Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 level tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 Large red chillies seeds removed
- 850 grams Rib fillet steak, sliced thinly
- 1 Large red chilli seeds removed
- 3 Eshcallots, roughly chopped
- 20 grams red capsicum, seeded
- 5 sticks lemongrass, stalks
1h 10minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
To make the marinade, place eschallots, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, pepper, sugar, five spice, olive oil, sesame oil, chilli sauce and red chillis into TM mixing bowl and chop at speed 7 for 2 seconds.
Pour marinade over thinly sliced beef and let marinate (I found it was best left on the bench to bring the beef down to room temperature) for up to an hour.
To make the sauce, add red chilli, eschallots, capsicum, and lemon grass to the TM mixing bowl and chop at speed 7 for 3 seconds.
Saute sauce in TM bowl for 3 minutes at 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add beef and all marinade to the mixing bowl and cook at 100 degrees, speed 1, for six minutes.
Garnish with extra red chilli, and serve with either steamed vegetables or rice.
This dish is very aromomatic and warming as for any good curry It is probably a little spicy for kids if they aren't used to spicy food but you can tone down the heat by eliminating a couple of red chillies if required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans