- 1/2 quantity Capsicum and sundried tomato dip (see Everyday Cookbook)
- 50 g olive oil
- 100 g lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 120 g couscous, rinsed and drained
- 300 g pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 150 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 40 g craisins, raisins or grapes
- 4-5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint and/or coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1-2 spring onions/shallots, sliced
- 400 g tinned chickpeas or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 40 g toasted pine nuts or cashews
- 1 tbsp black or kalamata olives
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only
Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Set dressing aside.
Line the Varoma tray with wet, well-rung baking paper. Spread couscous evenly onto the Varoma tray.
Place pumpkin into the Varoma dish and place chicken on top of pumpkin.
Place IL water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and steam 17 min/Varoma/speed 2. Lightly stir pumpkin and chicken to ensure it is evenly cooked. Cook a further 7-8 min/Varoma/speed 2, or until chicken is cooked through.
Toss chicken, pumpkin, couscous, spinach and reserved dressing with your selected salad variation ingredients to serve.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class. To create an all-in-one Varoma meal, you can cook the Chickpea soup (found on Recipe Community) in the mixing bowl during step 2.
Make sure you rinse the couscous in plenty of water or it will not steam successfully.
For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken breast fillet with cubed vegetables of choice. A few green beans steamed on the Varoma tray can also be added with the rest of the salad.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen