- 1/2 quantity Capsicum and sundried tomato dip (see Everyday Cookbook)
- 50 g olive oil
- 100 g lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 120 g couscous, rinsed and drained
- 300 g pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 150 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 40 g craisins, raisins or grapes
- 4-5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint and/or coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1-2 spring onions/shallots, sliced
- 400 g tinned chickpeas or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 40 g toasted pine nuts or cashews
- 1 tbsp black or kalamata olives
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only
Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Set dressing aside.
Line the Varoma tray with wet, well-rung baking paper. Spread couscous evenly onto the Varoma tray.
Place pumpkin into the Varoma dish and place chicken on top of pumpkin.
Place IL water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and steam 17 min/Varoma/speed 2. Lightly stir pumpkin and chicken to ensure it is evenly cooked. Cook a further 7-8 min/Varoma/speed 2, or until chicken is cooked through.
Toss chicken, pumpkin, couscous, spinach and reserved dressing with your selected salad variation ingredients to serve.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class. To create an all-in-one Varoma meal, you can cook the Chickpea soup (found on Recipe Community) in the mixing bowl during step 2.
Make sure you rinse the couscous in plenty of water or it will not steam successfully.
For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken breast fillet with cubed vegetables of choice. A few green beans steamed on the Varoma tray can also be added with the rest of the salad.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Gingerbread house
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Pavlova towers
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs