- 600 grams Chicken Thighs, trimmed
- 50 - 100 grams Organic Dijon Mustard, To taste
- 75 grams Maple Syrup (pure)
- 1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 700 grams sweet potato cubed
- 200 grams Green beans, trimmed
- 100 grams Cherry Tomatoes cut in half, To serve
- 1 tablespoon pure cream (or thickened cream) or milk, optional
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour - Gluten Free
- 1100 grams water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, Rice Vinegar and Salt and Pepper into bowl and blend together 4 secs - Speed 5
2. Put most of this aside in a bowl, but leave a small amount in the jug.
3. Cut Chicken Thighs into 3 - 4 even sized pieces each, and add to jug.
4. Stir 15 - 20 secs on speed 2 - reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" until well coated.
5. Place Chicken pieces in deep Varoma Dish. Make sure there are gaps for steam to come through.
6. Without washing the jug measure 1100 grams of water into it.
7. Add cubed (approx 2cms size) Sweet Potato to steaming basket and place basket into jug.
8. Place Varoma with Chicken on top of jug and lid, and set time to 25 mins - Varoma - Speed 3.5
9. After 15 mins check chicken and turn over with tongs, and cook for another 10 mins.
10. Add beans to top Varoma tray and place on the Varoma tray.
11. Steam for another 3 -5 mins - Varoma temp - speed 3.
12. Make sure Chicken is cooked, and set Varoma with Chicken and Beans aside on top of your Thermoserver.
13. Pour most of the liquid out into a jug and reserve as stock to make soup later if desired.
14. Add Sweet Potato into the jug with small amount of left over stock liquid, and add 1 TBSP pure cream and / or butter, salt and pepper to taste and blend 20 seconds - speed 7 to mash.
15. Put the Sweet Potato into the Thermoserver to keep warm, and put Varoma back on top of Thermoserver with mash in it.
16. Without washing the bowl add reserved Dijon mixture with about 100 grams of left over stock plus 1 TBSP of cornflour.
17. Blend 10 seconds on speed 6-7 until combined then cook 1 min 30 seconds - 90 degrees - speed 2.
18. Add in fresh rosemary to sauce and mix 4 seconds -speed 3 to combine.
19. Serve Chicken on top of mashed sweet potato, pour sauce over top and serve with green beans and halved cherry tomatoes.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
Accessories you need
If making Paleo version - use regular White Vinegar, and sub Arrowroot Powder for Cornflour.
If you want to make it more tangy use 2 TBSP of Rice Vinegar.
Adjust Dijon to your own taste - I used Woolworths macro brand which is fairly mild, but use less to start with if you think it may be too strong.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Chocolate Muesli
- Detox Juice
- QUINCE BISCUIT PIE WITH MAPLE CREAM
- Vanilla Raspberry Cake with Crème Fraîche Buttercream Frosting
- APRICOT CUSTARD SLICE
- Chocolate Quinoa and Coconut Muffins
- Coconut and Strawberry Cream Bliss Balls
- Salmon With Prawns and Scallops in Champagne Butter Cream Sauce
- CHOCOLATE CREAMY DREAMIES
- Inside Out Bread
- EASY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal