- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 500 g Chicken Thighs diced
- 1 Brown Onion sliced
- 10 Fresh Shitake Mushroom sliced
- 1 Carrot julienned
- 200 g Chinese Cabbage sliced
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 400 g udon noodles
- salt, to season
- pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcesterchire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Mix all sauce ingredients in a small cup and set aside.
1. Put sesame oil in TM and set to 15 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1, MC off.
2. After 1 minute has passed the oil will be hot. Throw in a piece of the chicken through the top of the lid. As soon as you hear it start to sizzle throw in the rest of your chicken to let it brown.
3. When there is 10 minutes left on the timer, throw in the onion and the mushrooms through top of lid.
4. At 8 minutes to go, reduce temp to 100 and add the carrot and cabbage. You may need to use spatula to assist in mixing until the cabbage starts to wilt. At this point put MC in place.
5. While that is cooking away, put your udon noodles in Thermoserver, and cover with boiling water. Allow it to sit with lid on so the noodles soften.
6. During the last 2 minutes of cooking time, pour your sauce in through top of lid, and leave MC off.
7. When TM is finished, use simmer basket to drain the water from your noodles, and return them to the Thermoserver. Sprinkle your shallots over them. Then empty your chicken and veg over the noodles and shallots, and cover. Allow it to rest 10 minutes so the noodles on the bottom absorb the yummy flavors.
8. Finally, season with Salt and Pepper and a dash of lime juice, stir through, and serve.
If you want to save some time in prep, you can chop your veg in the Thermomix, and set aside prior starting your cooking. Each one will only need a few Turbos to get the consistency you want. I prep the veg by hand, into Julienne slices, simply because I prefer a chunkier texture in this dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Chicken Soup 3 Ways
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Pear & Vanilla Cake (Failsafe, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Pina Colada Style Sorbet
- Easy Thai Fish Cakes
- Reuben Dip
- Mango, Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- No Bake Lasagne 'In the Bowl'
- Probiotic Oat Smoothie
- Vegetarian Lentil Sausage Rolls
- Atlantic Lime Pie
- Vanilla Tapioca Custard (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Corn Free)
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Double choc apricot muffins
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- 20sec scones
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- LCHF brocolli bake