- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 500 g Chicken Thighs diced
- 1 Brown Onion sliced
- 10 Fresh Shitake Mushroom sliced
- 1 Carrot julienned
- 200 g Chinese Cabbage sliced
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 400 g udon noodles
- salt, to season
- pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcesterchire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Mix all sauce ingredients in a small cup and set aside.
1. Put sesame oil in TM and set to 15 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1, MC off.
2. After 1 minute has passed the oil will be hot. Throw in a piece of the chicken through the top of the lid. As soon as you hear it start to sizzle throw in the rest of your chicken to let it brown.
3. When there is 10 minutes left on the timer, throw in the onion and the mushrooms through top of lid.
4. At 8 minutes to go, reduce temp to 100 and add the carrot and cabbage. You may need to use spatula to assist in mixing until the cabbage starts to wilt. At this point put MC in place.
5. While that is cooking away, put your udon noodles in Thermoserver, and cover with boiling water. Allow it to sit with lid on so the noodles soften.
6. During the last 2 minutes of cooking time, pour your sauce in through top of lid, and leave MC off.
7. When TM is finished, use simmer basket to drain the water from your noodles, and return them to the Thermoserver. Sprinkle your shallots over them. Then empty your chicken and veg over the noodles and shallots, and cover. Allow it to rest 10 minutes so the noodles on the bottom absorb the yummy flavors.
8. Finally, season with Salt and Pepper and a dash of lime juice, stir through, and serve.
Accessories you need
If you want to save some time in prep, you can chop your veg in the Thermomix, and set aside prior starting your cooking. Each one will only need a few Turbos to get the consistency you want. I prep the veg by hand, into Julienne slices, simply because I prefer a chunkier texture in this dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Chicken Soup 3 Ways
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Pear & Vanilla Cake (Failsafe, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Pina Colada Style Sorbet
- Easy Thai Fish Cakes
- Reuben Dip
- Mango, Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- No Bake Lasagne 'In the Bowl'
- Probiotic Oat Smoothie
- Vegetarian Lentil Sausage Rolls
- Atlantic Lime Pie
- Vanilla Tapioca Custard (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Corn Free)
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Chai Turmeric
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- The English Carrot
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish