- 1-2 large onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 60 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 cans Fresh or Tinned Tomatoes
- 20 grams tomato paste
- pinch salt
- 10 grams parsley, chopped
- 10 grams rigani or dried oregano
- 100 grams white wine, dry
- pinch sugar
- 500 grams Prawns, after shelling and deveining
- 200 grams Fetta Cheese, cubed
Place onion and garlic in the TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on Speed 5.
Add EVOO and saute for 3 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 1 with the MC off.
Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, parsley, rigani or dried oregano, sugar and white wine and cook for 20 minutes at 100 degrees on .
Add prawns and use the spatula to submerge them in the sauce. Cook them for 5 minutes on Varoma temperature, on and .
Transfer dish to a Thermoserver and add fetta cheese. Mix through with the spatula. Let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt through the sauce.
Serve on its own, or on steamed rice made in your TM, or with crusty bread. Garnish with fresh oregano if available.
Greek Prawns with Fetta
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.