- 400 g chicken breast
- 3 tbsp base megenep paste, (see recipe below)
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig lemon basil
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 TBLSP Palm Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Banana Leaves, Washed + Bamboo Toothpicks
Cut chicken into 6 pieces & mince on Turbo 4-5 times. Place in bowl.
Mix with Base Megenep Paste, Bail Leaves, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Tomato, Palm Sugar, Lime Juice & Salt.
Cut six 25cm x 20cm pieces from banana leaves. (or use foil).
Place a TBLSP of chicken mixture on each leaf. Fold both sides of the leaf over the filling. Fold the open end over & secure with bamboo toothpicks.
Set up rice to cook as per (EDC)
Add Chicken Parcels to Varoma Dish
Cook for 10mins at Varoma Temp on Speed 2
HOT SPICE PASTE (Base Megenep)
1 tsp Roasted Shrimp Paste
80g Shallots peeled
40g Garlic Peeled
5 Long Red Chillies, Deseeded
4 Bird's Eye Chillies, Sliced
50g Fresh Galangal
1 Tsp Tumeric
1 Lemongrass Stalk, Bruised & cut into 3cm pieces
1 TSP Salt
1/3 cup Coconut Milk
20ML Vege Oil
Method:- Add Shrimp Paste to bowl 10 seconds on speed 8.
Add the shallots, garlic. chillies, galangal,turmeric, lemongrass & salt. 20 sec on speed 8 to form a paste. Add coconut milk & vege oil & cook 100 degrees 5 mins on speed 1.
Set aside to coat minced chicken prior to wrapping in banana leaves & steaming in Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Caulisotto
- Zucchini, Corn and Coriander Pikelets
- Peri Peri Chicken
- Super Quick Tasty Pad Thai
- LCHF Broccoli and Cheese Waffles
- LCHF Cauliflower and Feta Waffles
- Hearty Baked Beans with bite
- Asian Chicken and Quinoa Salad
- Chicken rice n veg
- BACON AND CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- lchf cheese spinach waffle
- Variation Zucchini quiche slice
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Quick Mini Quiches
- Chili con Carne Risotto
- Variation Curried Sausages
- Broccoli Tabouleh
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney
- lchf savoury pies
- Minced Beef Risotto
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Stuffed capsicums or peppers
- Dairy Free Pasta Free Lasagne
- Stuffed Egg Free Chicken Meat Loaf with Red Sauce