- 400 g chicken breast
- 3 tbsp base megenep paste, (see recipe below)
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig lemon basil
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 TBLSP Palm Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Banana Leaves, Washed + Bamboo Toothpicks
8Recipe is created for
Cut chicken into 6 pieces & mince on Turbo 4-5 times. Place in bowl.
Mix with Base Megenep Paste, Bail Leaves, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Tomato, Palm Sugar, Lime Juice & Salt.
Cut six 25cm x 20cm pieces from banana leaves. (or use foil).
Place a TBLSP of chicken mixture on each leaf. Fold both sides of the leaf over the filling. Fold the open end over & secure with bamboo toothpicks.
Set up rice to cook as per (EDC)
Add Chicken Parcels to Varoma Dish
Cook for 10mins at Varoma Temp on Speed 2
HOT SPICE PASTE (Base Megenep)
1 tsp Roasted Shrimp Paste
80g Shallots peeled
40g Garlic Peeled
5 Long Red Chillies, Deseeded
4 Bird's Eye Chillies, Sliced
50g Fresh Galangal
1 Tsp Tumeric
1 Lemongrass Stalk, Bruised & cut into 3cm pieces
1 TSP Salt
1/3 cup Coconut Milk
20ML Vege Oil
Method:- Add Shrimp Paste to bowl 10 seconds on speed 8.
Add the shallots, garlic. chillies, galangal,turmeric, lemongrass & salt. 20 sec on speed 8 to form a paste. Add coconut milk & vege oil & cook 100 degrees 5 mins on speed 1.
Set aside to coat minced chicken prior to wrapping in banana leaves & steaming in Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Savoury veggie filled muffins
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Potato Bombs
- Variation Creamy beef curry with cauliflower rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Creamy Tomato Dip
- Mini Meatloaves with Pancetta (Donna Hay clone)
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta