- 3 potatoes, in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower, in small florets
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 - 3 cm knob of ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp Liquid stock + 1 extra tbs
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100 g liquid stock, made with 0.5 tsp vege stock concentrate
- 300 g tomato puree or 2-3 large diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground red chilli, or more to taste
- 1 tsp ground cummin
- 4 sprig fresh coriander, to garnish
Recipe is created for
Place potato in the Varoma dish and cauliflower in the Varoma Tray. Set aside
Chop ginger and garlic finely in the Thermomix bowl 10 sec/speed 7 then set aside in a small bowl
Add onion to Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl
Add 2tbs stock and turmeric and saute 5 min / Varoma / spd 1
Return the ginger, garlic and the extra 1 tbs stock to bowl and continue to saute for another 2 minutes / Varoma / speed1.
Add the tomato and water or stock to the bowl, place the Varoma dish and lid on top, to cook the potato for 10 minutes and then add the cauliflower in the Varoma tray for the last 5 minutes. Both should be almost done in a total of 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2 while the sauce reduces to a thickish paste. Set the Varoma aside to continue the sauce.
Add the ground coriander, garam masala, chilli and cumin to the tomato sauce and mix 30 sec / speed 3
Tip the par-cooked potatoes, cauliflower (from Varoma) and peas into Thermomix bowl and mix 5 min / 100C / reverse / speed 1 to gently to coat all the veg completely and so they are just tender.
Season with salt to taste.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Delicious made with fresh Garam Masala, this recipe was adapted for Thermomix from a recipe by Quinces and Kale.
Make ahead and keep hot in the Thermoserver while you make nutty steamed brown rice to serve with this.
Vegetable Stock concentrate can be made without salt or oil. Just store it in iceblock trays in the freezer. With a lower salt concentration, more stock can be used to improve the flavour balance.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Paneer Frankie Recipe
- Vegan Meringues
- Pain du Matin - Steamed Breakfast Bread (Vegan)
- Beaten Coffee Meringue Cappuccino - A Vegan treat
- Polenta Butter Whole food Plant Based and Vegan
- Moroccan Dressing
- Anni's GlutenFree Flour Baking Mix
- Chai Spiced Risotto with Ginger Pears
- Tomato and Brown Lentil Soup
- Four C Salad
- Millet with Lime Creme
- Raw Vegan Lemon Curd
- Vegan Almond Parmesan
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup