- 3 potatoes, in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower, in small florets
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 - 3 cm knob of ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp Liquid stock + 1 extra tbs
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100 g liquid stock, made with 0.5 tsp vege stock concentrate
- 300 g tomato puree or 2-3 large diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground red chilli, or more to taste
- 1 tsp ground cummin
- 4 sprig fresh coriander, to garnish
Recipe is created for
Place potato in the Varoma dish and cauliflower in the Varoma Tray. Set aside
Chop ginger and garlic finely in the Thermomix bowl 10 sec/speed 7 then set aside in a small bowl
Add onion to Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl
Add 2tbs stock and turmeric and saute 5 min / Varoma / spd 1
Return the ginger, garlic and the extra 1 tbs stock to bowl and continue to saute for another 2 minutes / Varoma / speed1.
Add the tomato and water or stock to the bowl, place the Varoma dish and lid on top, to cook the potato for 10 minutes and then add the cauliflower in the Varoma tray for the last 5 minutes. Both should be almost done in a total of 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2 while the sauce reduces to a thickish paste. Set the Varoma aside to continue the sauce.
Add the ground coriander, garam masala, chilli and cumin to the tomato sauce and mix 30 sec / speed 3
Tip the par-cooked potatoes, cauliflower (from Varoma) and peas into Thermomix bowl and mix 5 min / 100C / reverse / speed 1 to gently to coat all the veg completely and so they are just tender.
Season with salt to taste.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Delicious made with fresh Garam Masala, this recipe was adapted for Thermomix from a recipe by Quinces and Kale.
Make ahead and keep hot in the Thermoserver while you make nutty steamed brown rice to serve with this.
Vegetable Stock concentrate can be made without salt or oil. Just store it in iceblock trays in the freezer. With a lower salt concentration, more stock can be used to improve the flavour balance.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Vegan Meringues
- Pain du Matin - Steamed Breakfast Bread (Vegan)
- Beaten Coffee Meringue Cappuccino - A Vegan treat
- Polenta Butter Whole food Plant Based and Vegan
- Moroccan Dressing
- Anni's GlutenFree Flour Baking Mix
- Chai Spiced Risotto with Ginger Pears
- Tomato and Brown Lentil Soup
- Four C Salad
- Millet with Lime Creme
- Raw Vegan Lemon Curd
- Vegan Almond Parmesan
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread
- Japanese style sandwich bread