- 600 grams carrots, rough chopped
- 400 gram Can of Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 15 grams Coriandar
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Harissa
- 150 grams Greek style yoghurt, TM Yogurt is ideal
- 2 level tablespoon olive oil, or Clarified Butter
- 200 gram Bunch of watercress sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt
Add cumin and coriander seeds to TM bowl and toast for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, Speed 1.
Mill spices on Speed 10 for 2-3 minutes or until fine powder
Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
Place coriander leaves in TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 3 seconds.
Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
add carrots to TM bowl. Chop on speed 5 for 3-5 seconds.
Add 900g water and cook for 15 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1
Drain very well in basket. You can press against the cooked carrots to make sure all the water is removed ensuring the mixture is not too watery.
Return cooked carrots to the TM bowl and add chick peas.
Mash on reverse"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3 and with the help of the spatula until chick peas are broken up and mixed well with carrot but still a rough mash.
Cool mixture for 10 minutes.
Add chopped coriander leaves, milled spices and egg.
Gently mix on reverse"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2-3a nd withthe help of the spatula until all ingredients are well conbined.
Heat oil or clarified butter in a non stick pan.
Form carrot mixture into balls and fly until golden pressing gently to create a patty. Once well cooked flip gently and cook on the other side.
If you are working with dried Harissa (Herbies) follow the instructions on the pack to make up a tablesppon of Harissa Paste.
Swirl Harissa paste through yoghurt.
Serve carrot cakes on a bed of Watercress
Sprinkle with sea salt
Serve with Harissa Yoghurt
The trick with this recipe is not to over chop the carrots because you want to end up with a rough mash. The other tip is to remove as much water as possible from the carrots before moving on. You could even return cooked drained carrot to the TM bowl and cook off any moisture on 100 deg, reverse Speed 1 for 3 minutes.
Harrisa is a North American Chilli paste available from delis and gourmet food stores. Herbies make a good Harissa mix. Local Brisbane lady Suzanne Quinter makes an excellent Harissa paste that is used by Gordon Ramsey. Suzanne's products are available from good deli's nationally or go to //www.suzannequintnerfinefoods.com/index.html
This recipe for Spicy Carrot Cakes has been converted to Thermomix from the recipe in Delicious Magazine October 2012 issue
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Banana Hazelnut & Honey Bread
- Bánh Xèo - Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes with Nuoc Tuong - Yellow Bean Sauce
- Pistachio ANZAC Biscuits - Variation on EDC recipe
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cashew Cheese - dairy free
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Sautéed Chestnut Mushrooms
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Keto Microwave Tortilla
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom