- 350 g quinoa
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 cm dice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 3 sprigs coriander, leaves only
- 3 sprigs mint, leaves only
- Freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- 100 g feta cheese, cut into 1 cm dice
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp toasted pepitas or pumpkin seeds
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place 1000g water into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and weigh quinoa. Remove simmering basket and rinse quinoa thoroughly. Replace simmering basket and quinoa back into mixing bowl.
2. Place Varoma dish into position, then weigh pumpkin into it and sprinkle over cinnamon. Cover with lid. Cook 20min/Varoma/speed 2, or until quinoa is cooked through.
3 . Remove Varoma and set aside. Carefully remove simmering basket with the aid of the spatula and set aside. Remove cooking water from mixing bowl and clean and dry the bowl.
4. Place spring onions, parsley, coriander, mint, pepper and salt in mixing bowl and Turbo/1 sec.
5. Place cooked quinoa and pumpkin in a large bowl. Add chopped herbs and feta cubes and stir gently to combine.
6. Drizzle salad with olive oil, maple syrup and lemon juice and toss to combine. Sprinkle over toasted pepitas and serve.
Quinoa and pumpkin can be prepared and cooked ahead of time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Banana Bread
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Egg Free Pancakes
- ARNOTT’S Mint Slice Hot Chocolate
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Never try another hummus again!