- Grated zest of a lemon
- 40 g rice
- 180g chickpeas soaked overnight
- 200g peeled carrots cut into chunks
- 1 shallot or 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g polenta
- 25g parmesan cheese
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cubed parmesan in Thermomix and blitz on speed 9. Combine Parmesan and polenta in a separate bowl.
Place all remaining ingredients in the Thermomix and blend for 15 seconds speed 6 to form a coarse paste.
Form the falafel into golf ball sized spheres and coat in mixture of polenta and parmesan.
These can be cooked straight away but they improve in texture on sitting in the fridge for 30 minutes. They can be prepared well in advance and stored in fridge.
To cook the falafel put equal quantities of butter and oil in a non”stick frypan and shallow fry. I used 2 Tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of butter. Cook until crisp and golden.
Serving Suggestions,: Soft yogurt flat bread, greek yogurt, coleslaw and chilli jam
These are also very good reheated and can be served as finger food or a lunch box snack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Frankie Recipe
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Black Bean & Wild Rice Polenta Wedges
- New Zealand Winter Salad
- Lentil Patties, Horseradish Mash & Caramelised onions
- Coconut Yogurt - automated
- Chicken Massaman
- Orzo Basil Salad
- Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Blueberry and Coconut Cake
- Mango Dream
- Hazelnut Plum Friand
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Steamed Pork Meatballs