- 2 cloves garlic
- l red chilli
- l onion, cut in half
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 190 grams dried red lentils
- l large tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 750 grams water
- fresh coriander to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place garlic, onion and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add olive oil and saute 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
4. Add cumin, garam masala and tumeric and saute 1 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
5. Add lentils, tomato, vegetable stock and water and cook 15 min/100 degrees//speed 1.
6. Transfer to a thermoserver and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve dahl as a side dish to curry's and great with biryani.
Tasty and simple vegetarian dish.
Make your own garam masala from the Basic Cook Book (page 43).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Apple and sage sauce
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Caramelised onion jam
- Japanese coconut buns
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops