- 2 cloves garlic
- l red chilli
- l onion, cut in half
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 190 grams dried red lentils
- l large tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 750 grams water
- fresh coriander to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place garlic, onion and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add olive oil and saute 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
4. Add cumin, garam masala and tumeric and saute 1 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
5. Add lentils, tomato, vegetable stock and water and cook 15 min/100 degrees//speed 1.
6. Transfer to a thermoserver and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve dahl as a side dish to curry's and great with biryani.
Tasty and simple vegetarian dish.
Make your own garam masala from the Basic Cook Book (page 43).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Beetroot Burgers
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cauliflower mango coconut curry
- South Indian Cauliflower Curry
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Low carb cauliflower cheese bake
- Sweet potato curry
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Raspberry tartlets
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Healthy Banana Flapjacks
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Steamed Port Dumplings
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Gluten Free Bread
- Healthy Coconut Custard