- 2 cloves garlic
- l red chilli
- l onion, cut in half
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 190 grams dried red lentils
- l large tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 750 grams water
- fresh coriander to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place garlic, onion and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add olive oil and saute 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
4. Add cumin, garam masala and tumeric and saute 1 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
5. Add lentils, tomato, vegetable stock and water and cook 15 min/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
6. Transfer to a thermoserver and garnish with fresh coriander.
Accessories you need
Serve dahl as a side dish to curry's and great with biryani.
Tasty and simple vegetarian dish.
Make your own garam masala from the Basic Cook Book (page 43).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce