- 2 Eggplant (large)
- 900 g water
- 5 g red chili, Less or more to taste
- 5 g chives
- 10 g Ginger (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 400 g Can tomatoes1/2
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- fresh coriander
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Slice eggplant into rounds (about 3-5mm thick), sprinkle with salt, place in Varoma dish and tray ensuring steam can circulate.
Steam 10min/varoma/speed 1
- Set aside to cool then cut into quarters.
Empty, rinse a dry mixing bowl.
- Add chili, chives and ginger to the mixing bowl.
Chop 10sec/speed 9
Scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
Saute 2mins/100 degrees/speed 4
- Add spices, eggplant and tomatoes.
Cook 10mins/100 degrees/speed 1 reverse
- Serve with fresh coriander.
You can also add lactose free yoghurt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- EASY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal