- 400 grams Large dried beans, EG Lima beans, black beans
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 brown onion, Peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeed and chopped into 3 cm pieces
- 1 stick Celery, strings reoved ad chopped into 4 cm pieces
- 2 bunches Thyme, leaves only
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 550 grams Chiken Stock, TM Basic Cook Book
- 400 gr can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3-4 slices Crusty Bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- olive oil
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 8 sprigs mint leaves
- 8 sprigs Italian parsley
26h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place beans in a large ceramic bowl, cover with cold water and set aside for 12-24 hours. Drain well, rinse again.
Place garlic, onion, carrot and celery into mixing bowl and chop, (wth MC in place) speed 5 for 3 seconds or until chopped sufficiently.
Add Olive Oil, rinsed beans, thyme and bay leaves and saute for 5 minutes at gentle stir setting in reverse mode wih MC.
Pour in chicken stock, tomato paste and tin of tomatoes and cook at 98 degrees, on gentle stir , in reverse mode for 60 minutes with MC
Season to taste with salt and pepper and continue to cook at 80 degrees, in reverse mode on gentle stir fo 60 minutes with MC.
Drizze both sides of the bread with olive oil a char-grill until toasted. Remove hot toasted bread to a board and rub with cut side of the garlic.
Remove bay leaves, crumble feta and scatter mint leaves and parsley over the soup and serve with the bread.
An easy, cooks itself, hearty meal that's both budget friendly and delicious
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese