- 15 g coconut oil, plus more for the pan
- 20 g Coconut Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 125 g coconut milk
- --- 1/4 cup sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Juice of one lime
- a selection of raw vegetables, such as
- Lettuce Leaves
- courgette or carrot batons
- thin slivers of spring onion
- grated or very thin slivers of fresh ginger
Recipe is created for
Melt the coconut oil in the Thermomix bowl 1 minute/37°C/Speed Spoon.
Add the remaining wrap ingredients and mix 30 seconds/Speed 9.
Scrape the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula and mix again 10 seconds/Speed 9.
Heat a small fry pan over medium heat. When hot, add a bit of coconut oil and coat the bottom of the pan. Pour a small ladle of batter in the pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom with a thin layer of batter about 15 cm/6 inches in diameter.
Cook for a good 2 minutes until the edges are very nicely browned and the pancake slides in the pan. Ever so gently flip the pancake and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Reserve on a plate.
Continue as above with the rest of the batter; you should just have enough to make a pile of 6 crêpes.
Wash salad leaves if required; cut courgettes and other veg into batons or little sticks. Place in small bowls or plates and bring to the table along with the plate of crêpes.
In a small bowl, mix pre-prepared sweet chilli sauce and lime juice.
ThermoHubby John filled his 1st pancake with a small bit of each of our raw veg, very delicately rolled and cut it in two, and dipped each half in the dipping sauce. These coconut flour crêpes are fragile so be very careful.
I assembled my wrap as I would a crispy duck pancake wrap: a swirl of sweet chilli lime sauce on the pancake, then a few lettuce leaves and some batons of courgette and spring onion. A gentle roll, a swipe of the knife and there I was with a delicious starter.
Make the batter
Cook the wraps
Prepare your filling ingredients
Prepare the dipping sauce
Assemble your wraps
Accessories you need
A surprisingly subtle sweetness exudes from these gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian wraps filled with goodness! Makes 5 or 6 pancakes about 15 cm/6 inches in diameter; can easily be doubled.
Let everyone fill their own crêpe and get the kids enthused about eating vegetables And nothing says you couldn't add a bit of shredded pork, some prawns or chicken to include some protein and turn this starter into a main dish or a quick lunch.
- These crêpes look much like wheat flour crêpes but beware, they are much more fragile so handle with care, both while cooking and while rolling!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mom’s Chili Con Carne, Thermomix style
- Mexican Chicken All-in-One Varoma Meal
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Marion’s Fabulous Scones
- Artichokes Vinaigrette in the Varoma!
- Cauliflower Couscous (Tabouleh)
- Coffee Walnut Cake
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
- Low Fat All-in-One Varoma Chicken Supper
- Madame Thermomix’s Spicy Crab Tempura
- Bernie Brennan’s Almond and Seed Crackers
- Patricia Wells’ Black Olive Tapenade
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting