- 60 grams Moong dahl or red lentils
- 100 grams White basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel or ajwain seeds
- 1 onion (small)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 centimetres ginger
- salt to taste
- 400 grams Vegetables, (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, zucchini, carrot)
- 900 grams water
1h 35minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wash the Moong dal or red lentils by placing in the simmering basket in the sink and rinsing well. Set aside to drain.
- Add the Ghee to your Thermomix and heat for 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Fenugreek seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Cumin and Fennel/ajwain seeds and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger and mix 5 seconds / speed 7 (put a paper towel in lid if you want to avoid splashes. Scrape down sides. Add Asafetida and cook 3 mins / Varoma
- Add Moong dal/red lentils and rice and cook 1 min, 95 speed 1.
- Add water and sea salt. Cook 30 mins / 95 speed 1.
- Add prepared vegetables of choice and cook for a further 20 minutes / 95 speed 2. Add more water if necessary.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Stir Fry Cauliflower
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Black and White Tofu
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Coffee chiffon cake with mocha ganache
- keto choc /peanut cake on sweet potato brownie base
- Black bean burger patties
- Citrus Bender
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Christmas Cake (Dene's version)