- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into halves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 480 grams red lentils, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock, concentrate
- 1000 grams water
- 250 grams spinach, fresh or frozen
- salt and peper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place oil, onion, garlic and carrot into the mixing bowl. Chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
Saute 3 mins, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add garam marsala and turmeric. Saute 3 mins, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add stock concentrate, water and lentils. Cook 15 minutes, 100 degress, speed 1.
Add spinach and cook 5 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Season to taste and serve.
Serve over white rice with mango chutney, mint raita and naan bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- French bread
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar