- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into halves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 480 grams red lentils, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock, concentrate
- 1000 grams water
- 250 grams spinach, fresh or frozen
- salt and peper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place oil, onion, garlic and carrot into the mixing bowl. Chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
Saute 3 mins, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add garam marsala and turmeric. Saute 3 mins, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add stock concentrate, water and lentils. Cook 15 minutes, 100 degress, speed 1.
Add spinach and cook 5 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Season to taste and serve.
Serve over white rice with mango chutney, mint raita and naan bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Moussaka
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Braised Chicken
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup