- 170 grams green lentils
- 800 grams water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large flat mushroom, cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 sticks Celery, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into quarters
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 5 grams olive oil
- 400 grams diced tomatoes
- 140 grams tomato puree
- 350 grams lentil stock, made in first part of recipe
- 10 grams lemon juice, (juice of half a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
Put bay leaf, lentils and water into TM bowl and cook 100 degrees, 30 mins, (or until slightly tender). Drain lentils (keeping fluid as stock) and set aside
Chop apple, celery, carrots, , turbo pulse 2-3 times until roughly chopped (don't over process) then set aside
Chop onions and garlic on sp 6, 1 second. Add olive oil and saute at 100 degrees, for 2 minutes
Add rest of ingredients and cook at 100 degrees, 35 mins, , or until lentils are tender (you may need to stop part way through and stir)
Serve on macaroni, rice or mash (potato, sweet potato or pumpkin).
If you want to reduce the cooking time, you can soak the lentils (eg for 2 hrs). Then reduce the initial cooking time to 5-10 mins (or until lentils begin to get tender). You may need to reduce the second cooking time (with vegetables) accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Roast chicken low carb
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice