- 170 grams green lentils
- 800 grams water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large flat mushroom, cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 sticks Celery, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into quarters
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 5 grams olive oil
- 400 grams diced tomatoes
- 140 grams tomato puree
- 350 grams lentil stock, made in first part of recipe
- 10 grams lemon juice, (juice of half a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
Put bay leaf, lentils and water into TM bowl and cook 100 degrees, 30 mins, (or until slightly tender). Drain lentils (keeping fluid as stock) and set aside
Chop apple, celery, carrots, , turbo pulse 2-3 times until roughly chopped (don't over process) then set aside
Chop onions and garlic on sp 6, 1 second. Add olive oil and saute at 100 degrees, for 2 minutes
Add rest of ingredients and cook at 100 degrees, 35 mins, , or until lentils are tender (you may need to stop part way through and stir)
Serve on macaroni, rice or mash (potato, sweet potato or pumpkin).
If you want to reduce the cooking time, you can soak the lentils (eg for 2 hrs). Then reduce the initial cooking time to 5-10 mins (or until lentils begin to get tender). You may need to reduce the second cooking time (with vegetables) accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Marinated flank steak
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls