- 380 gram Parsnip and/or other Roots
- 100 gram carrot
- pinch saffron
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 Pear, peeled & sliced
- 60 gram dates
- 1/4 White cabbage
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon Anise seed
- 50 gram dried cherries
- 50 gram Dried Fig
Recipe is created for
Add all spices to bowl and grind 1 min/speed 9
Add mustart to spices and set aside
Place 900g water in bowl and add root vegetables and carrots to Varoma. Steam 12 min/Varoma/speed 3 or until tender. Add cabbage and continue steaming another 5 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Add pear slices, and dates to roots and heat through 3 min/Vaoma/speed 1
Remove from Varoma, place into Thermoserver and stir through mustard/spice paste.
Mix in Sauce Poiteven (below)
Mix all ingredients 3 min/90 deg/speed 1
Medieval Vegetable Stew
This sauce is very sweet and as such you may wish to stir only half through and serve the rest on the side
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry