- 1 Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup
- cabbage, 2-3 cups packed chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, Chopped roughly
- 1 zucchini, chopped, Small
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, Chopped plus extra to serve
- Okonomiyaki, Sauce to serve
- Japanese Mayonnaise (Kewpie), To serve
- dashi stock powder, Dashi or water-3/4 cup
Place cabbage in TM, shred on speed 4 for a few seconds till desired size, remove then add carrot zucchini and green shallot/onion and repeat. Return cabbage to bowl and add flour, dashi or water, egg and set to "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3 for 5 seconds or until combined. Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan on medium heat and pour in mix. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until nicely browned the either spray a little oil on surface and place under the grill for 10 minutes or slide pancake onto a plate, cover with a second plate then flip over before sliding it back into the pan to cook for another 10-15 minutes. Remove then finish with lines of mayonnaise and okonomiyaki sauce, topped with extra finely sliced shallots, green part only. Serve immediately.
Three slices of streaky bacon may be laid over the top of the pancake which then cooks on the underside when flipped. Okonomiyaki literally translated means suit yourself, so other vegetables may be substituted or added to.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream