- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 centimetre piece fresh ginger, peeled roughly chopped
- 2-3 --- small dried chillies chopped, or 2 medium fresh chillies
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 140 g dry lentils
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 500 g water
- 300 g Jap Pumpkin, peeled roughly chopped
- 400 g cauliflower, med flowerettes
- 40 g low fat yoghurt
- 95 g fruit chutney, (mango)
8Recipe is created for
Add onion, garlic, ginger and chillies into TM bowl Chop 2 secs Speed 6
Add oil Saute 3 mins 100 Speed 1 MC off
Add curry powder Saute a further 2-3 mins 100 Speed 1 MC off
Add tomato Chop 2 secs Speed 6
Add lentils,TM vege stock, water, pumpkin and cauliflower to TM bowl Cook 10 min 100 Reverse Speed 1
Cook further 25 mins 90 Reverse Speed 1 or until lentils and vegetables are tender and dahl is thick.
Remove from TM bowl and stand in thermoserver 5 minutes.
Serve with yoghurt and mango chutney and Naan Bread (Indian Cook Book Pg 41)
Pumpkin and Cauliflower Dahl
Add extra chillies to taste or remove seeds for milder spice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli