- 20 g coconut oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely grate, approx 3cm.
- 1 level teaspoons curry powder, less is after milder taste
- 250 gram warm water
- 1 level tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 400 g pumpkin flesh
- 400g Canned Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 baby spinach, large handful
- 150 g coconut cream
- juice of 1 lime or half a lemon
- salt to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place brown onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3sec/sp 7.
2. Add coconut oil and saute 3min/Varoma/sp 1
3. Add grated ginger and curry powder and cook 2min/Varoma/speed 2
4. Add water, vegetable stock and pumpkin and cook 10min/Varoma/sp 1/
5. Add chick peas and cook for another 2min/Varoma/sp1/
6. Add spinach, coconut cream and lime or lemon juice and mix 30sec/sp2/
Check flavours and adjust with more coconut cream, lime juice and salt as desired.
This recipe has been modified from 'That Sugar Book' recipe for thermomix.
The original recipe suggests this is a mild-flavoured curry flavour but for those sensitive to heat like me, reduce the amount of curry powder to 1/2 tsp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Tomato & Chilli Chutney
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Taco seasoning
- Variation Roasted Carrot Hummus