- 1 large onion, peeled & halved (quartered if need be)
- 3 --- large garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 690 g Passata Sauce
- 100 g tap water
- 3 cans 400g cannellini beans, place in steaming basket and rinse under tap
- 1 heaped tsp brown sugar
- 3 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped leaves, finely chopped stems
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion & garlic in bowl 3sec/sp7.
2. Add olive oil saute 3min/varoma/soft stir (spoon symbol)
3. Add Cannellini Beans, Brown Sugar, Paprika & Passata to bowl.
4. Place approx 100g water into empty Passata jar to rinse - shake and add water to bowl
5. Gently loosen contents of bowl with spatula - cook 5mins/varoma/reverse/sp1.
6. Add parsley - cook 3mins/varoma/reverse/sp1.
7. The End - Pour into thermoserver/bowls & enjoy!
Quick & Easy Homestyle Baked Beans
Accessories you need
Make your own bread to accompany this dish. I like to make the Pizza Dough (pg 72 of your Basic Cookbook), with olive oil, garlic & rosemary topping. Cut into strips.
Use any kind of beans you like. If using dried beans, ensure you soak over night first.
Make your own Passata if you're keen too! (Sorry, I don't have a recipe for that at this stage though)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends