- 200 grams quinoa seed
- 600 grams water
- 1 teaspoon TM stock concentrate
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 80 grams feta or haloumi
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 handful of fresh herbs s.a parsley and mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60-80 grams flour of choice (or breadcrumbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
Recipe is created for
Quinoa just like you would rice, in Simmering Basket, for 16min/Varoma temp/speed 4 (this is where I add the stock in the water)
Remove simmering basket, wash and dry TM bowl
Add zest and garlic to bowl and chop for 15 sec/sp 8, scrape down, repeat
add spring onions and herbs/spices and process 5 sec on speed 7
add feta and spices, process 5 sec speed 5
add eggs, flour (I used spelt) or breadcrumbs and quinoa and mix for 10 sec/reverse/speed 4. Scrape down with spatula and repeat.
Heat up your choice of butter and/or oil in a large frying pan and fry large spoonfuls of fritters on both sides until golden brown.
Bill Granger's recipe suggests to enjoy these with what he calls a 'Green Goddess sauce' which is a dipping sauce of half mayo/natural yoghurt mixed with chopped parsley, mint, chives, spring onion and juice of a lime.
Accessories you need
A very versatile dish which you could enjoy either as a main course with steamed veggies and a salad, or as an appetizer, also great as party food!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal