- 100-200 g quinoa, Soaked (see tips section for comment on quantities)
- 200 g Vegetables (eg. Asparagus, Green Beans, Zucchini & Snowpeas)**, half asparagus &amp;amp;amp;amp; beans, cube zucchini
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Avocado, chopped
- 1 Handful of baby rocket
- 5 sprigs Fresh herbs; eg. Basil & Mint
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 stalks (Curly) kale
- 120 g Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cidre vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (peeled) (i use a very small clove)
- 1 tsp himalayan or sea salt
- 120 g olive oil
1.add herbs to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. put aside
2. Without washing, fill mixing bowl with 900 ml water. Place soaked Quinoa in simmering basket* and place in mixing bowl. Divide the Spring vegetables on the Varoma trays and place in position. Steam 14 mns/Varoma/speed 4. (the vegetables will still be crunchy)
2. Place steamed vegetables in a serving bowl and let the quinoa cool down slightly in the simmering basket. Rinse mixing bowl.
3. Add all pesto ingredients, exept for the oil. Blend 5 sec/speed 8. Add half of the oil and blend another 5 sec/speed 8. Reduce speed of the blades to speed 4 and slowly add the remaining oil.
4. put 3/4 of the pesto in a jar and add your cooked quinoa and spring vegetables to the mixing bowl. 2-3 sec//speed2.5. (this is so you get all the pesto out of the bowl into your salad :) )
5. Tos Quinoa, vegetables, Tomatoes , Avocado, rocket and fresh herbs in a serving bowl. Add extra salt and pepper to taste and top with extra Kale Pesto as desired.
Quinoa & Vegetable Salad and Kale Pesto
*Soak your Quinoa in simmering basket in your thermoserver
**Your Kale Pesto is great added to pasta, noodles and zucchini noodles or to marinate chicken and turkey; to stuff mushrooms, spread on a wrap, roll or cracker.
** For this recipe I used ½ bunch of asparagus, half a zucchini and a handful of beans; use your left over vegetables to put in a frittata, which in turn will be a healthy and quick dinner or lunch option.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegetables in saffron, chilli & coconut broth
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Coconut Custard (Vegan)
- Pizza pasta salad
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- lchf chicken with lemon thyme
- ThermoMonts' Brazilian cheese puffs
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney
- Chicken & Asparagus Lasagna
- Spicy pumpkin and pea quinoa
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Mum's Mayo
- Asian Chicken and Quinoa Salad