THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 package Quorn meat-style balls, 280g, frozen (16-17 meat-style balls)
- 1 clove garlic
- 80 g onion
- 20 g olive oil, (1 Tbsp)
- 2 cans Tomatoes 400g, whole, chopped or crushed, or 800g fresh tomatoes
- salt to taste, 1 tsp recommended if using fresh tomatoes, tinned tomatoes are often already salted so less salt is required, possibly none
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese to taste
1. Place garlic clove, onion and olive oil into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5, then saute 3 min / Varoma (TM31) or 120 degrees (TM5) / speed 1.
2. Add tomatoes, salt & pepper.
3. If using whole tinned tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes, crush 7 sec / speed 6. If using chopped tinned tomatoes process for a lesser time until desired consistancy. If using crushed tinned tomatoes this step is not required.
4. Place frozen meat-style balls onto Varoma tray and place Varoma into position. Cook 20 min / Varoma / speed 1.
5. Place meat-style balls into Thermoserver and pour soy-sauce over, stirring balls in sauce to coat. (Soy sauce adds to the flavour of the meat-style balls.)
6. Pour tomato sauce over meat-style balls in Thermoserver.
If serving with optional parmesan cheese either stir through sauce before serving, and/or place on table for guests to self-apply to their individual meal.
1. Quorn meat-style balls contain wheat, egg & milk.
2. This recipe will be enjoyed by both those who eat meat, and those who don't. It can be served by a vegetarian to their non-vegetarian friends.
(This recipe is based upon the "Meatballs with Tomato Sauce" in the TM5 "The Basic Cookbook".)
Suitable for TM31 and TM5
Accessories you need
On a non-fast (normal) day:
* rice (or cauliflower rice - as per instructions below),
* spagetti (for spagetti & meat-balls),
* steamed potatoes (cook in bottom of varoma at same time as meat-style balls - increase cooking time as small new potatoes or potatoes cut into medium sized pieces will take 25-30 minutes - add extra water if required),
* other steamed vegetables (florets or 1cm cubes or slices - as for potato but cooking time will not need to be increased), or
* steamed carrot &/or zucchini tagliatelle cooked in varoma during last 5 minutes of cooking time (as per p118 of the Everyday Cookbook or p158 of The Basic Cookbook).
Can also serve with fresh bread and/or a green salad.
Can be used to make a meat-ball sub with a fresh bread roll and fresh salad ingredients.
On a fast day:
Serve on its own
Within your calorie allowance, serve with
* a green salad (oil-free dressing);
* cauliflower rice (35c for 100g) - see my recipe "Chilli Con Carne (with optional cauliflower rice) [suitable for 5:2]". In this instance place your meat-style balls in the bottom of the varoma to cook, and place your pre-processed cauliflower on the varoma tray on top of a piece of wet crumpled baking paper for the last 5 minutes of cooking);
* steamed carrot (35c for 100g) &/or zucchini (18c for 100g) tagliatelle as per instructions above; or
* steamed vegetables (not potatoes) as per instructions above (other examples - 100g asparagus 27c, brocolli 32, celery 8c, capsicum 22c, green beans 25c).
CALORIE COUNT PER SERVING (4 meat-balls per serve)
Without parmesan cheese:
206 calories per serve (fresh tomatoes 200 calories per serve)
With parmesan cheese:
1 level Tbsp parmesan cheese grated in TM weighs 10g. 10g parmesan cheese is 39 calories. 1 level Tbsp TM grated parmesan cheese per serve adds 39 calories per serve. 1 level tsp TM grated parmesan cheese per serve adds 10 calories per serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption