- 200 g sliced potatoes, or sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled...your choice
- 600 g mixed vegetables of choice, carrots, capsicum, beans, sliced. Cauliflower florets, snow peas etc.
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4s
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 heaped teaspoon Soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cardamon, ground
- 1 tsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 x 400ml carton/can coconut milk
- 250 g water, left over from drained potatoes
- 100 g Peanut Butter
- 40 g Sweet chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place sliced potatoes into the steaming basket, insert and add enough water to just cover.
2. Place prepared vegetables (except for the tomatoes) into the 2 Varoma trays.
3. Set to Varoma/20mins/sp3.
4. Remove the potatoes ( if they are cooked) and continue to cook the veggies 5mins/Varoma/sp3, or until cooked to your liking.
5. Drain the bowl but reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water.
You will need this for the sauce and this is where a lot of the goodness lies!
6. Rinse the bowl, dry and add the tomato, garlic and corriander and chop 4secs/sp5.
7. Cook 4 mins/100°C/sp 1/
8. Add the reserved water, coconut milk, peanut butter, Sweet chilli sauce, curry powder, spices, sugar and salt and pepper ( to taste) and cook 8 mins/100°C/sp1/
9. Return all the veggies to the bowl and cook a further 8 mins/100°C/sp1/ or until heated through.
10. Season to taste and serve over rice.
A great way to use up excess veggies...
A dish bursting with flavour and goodness.
And perfect for "meat free Monday"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Upside down Ginger Pear Cake
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Lamb and feta sausage rolls
- Artisan apple bread
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Hokey Pokey ice-cream slice
- Coconut pie
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Leek potato soup