THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 g basmati rice
- 1000 g water
- 300 g of 1-3 Vegetables of choice
- 312 g Quorn Fillets, frozen (1 packet - 6 fillets), or 300g more vegetables, or see Tips
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 piece fresh Ginger, 1cm, no need to peel (leaving skin on adds to flavour)
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 30 g oil of choice
- 1-2 tsp Curry powder of choice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional), or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 70 g soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
- 20 g lemon juice
- 20 g brown sugar
- 45 g water
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter (make your own in the TM)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (optional)
- 400 ml can coconut milk/cream
) Place salt into TM bowl. Place basket into TM bowl & weigh rice into basket. (Up to 400g of rice can be used. 400g of rice is, however, very firmly packed, and if you can instead use 300g of rice you will get a better result.)
) Weigh water into TM bowl pouring water through rice. Put lid on TM bowl.
) Pre-cut all vegetables (peeled where appropriate) into 1-2cm pieces/florets or 0.5-1cm slices. If using snow peas cut in half & remove stalk. Place vegetables that cook in 15 minutes or less on the top tray of the Varoma (e.g. asparagus, peas, snow peas, green beans, broccoli, capsicum, pieces of onion), and those that take more than 15 minutes to cook in the bottom of the Varoma (e.g. cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, potato). Place the frozen quorn fillets on the top tray. Put the Varoma into place.
Steam 15 min / Varoma / speed 3
) Remove rice & place in ThermoServer. Fluff up rice. Place baking paper on top of rice. Also remove cooked vegetables from top tray and set aside on top of baking paper in Thermoserver.
) Cut each (nearly thawed) Quorn fillet into about 6 strips cross-wise and place back onto top Varoma tray. Replace Varoma back into position on top of TM with the vegetables still in the bottom which require longer steaming.
Steam 5 min / Varoma / speed 2 (total 20 minutes steaming to this point)
) Remove Quorn pieces & any vegetables that have finished cooking (e.g. cauliflower, carrot, zucchini) & set aside in Thermoserver with any vegetables removed earlier.
) Re-assemble Varoma.
Steam 5 min / Varoma / speed 2 (total 25 minutes steaming to this point). Remove any cooked vegetables (e.g. pumpkin - but do not cook pumpkin until it is soft) and set aside in Thermoserver.
Repeat if necessary (total 30 minutes steaming to this point). Remove cooked vegetables (e.g. potato - but do not cook potato until it is soft) and set aside in Thermoserver.
) Place garlic, ginger, onion, & oil into TM bowl.
Chop 3 sec / speed 5.
) Add spices to bowl (Don't drop into middle or they will land on top of the blades. Place to the side of bowl.)
Saute 3 min / Varoma (120C for TM5) / speed 1
) Add the remaining Satay Sauce ingredients.
Cook 15 min / 100C / speed 1
(Sauce can be cooled, placed into sterilized bottles and refrigerated at this point for later use.)
) Put butterfly in place.
Add cooked vegetables & cooked Quorn fillets into TM bowl on top of hot Satay Sauce.
Cook 5 min / 100C / / speed 1
) Serve with rice.
Rice, Vegetables & Chicken-style fillets
Bringing the dish together
Recipe also suitable for TM5.
If you wish to use brown rice do not remove after 15 minutes steaming time but leave in for full time of steaming as brown rice needs 30-35 minutes to cook.
For egg-free do not use Quorn which contains egg-white.
Additional vegetables can be used instead of Quorn - see Ingredients.
400g can of chick-peas, drained, can be used instead of Quorn. Add with vegetables into satay sauce.
Tofu can also be used instead of Quorn. Cube 300g of firm or extra-firm regular Tofu (not silken) and lightly fry in oil. Set aside with cooked vegetables in Thermoserver. Add with vegetables into satay sauce.
The recipe from which this is a variantion used soy sauce & teryaki sauce. This recipe instead uses the ingredients of teriyaki sauce - garlic, ginger, brown sugar, water & soy sauce. If you wish to instead use teriyaki sauce omit the garlic, ginger, brown sugar, water, & 1/2 (35g) of the soy sauce. Replace with 100g of teryaki sauce.
For a yellower satay sauce add 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric with the spices. Tumeric is a wonderful spice but it has the side-effect of also colouring the plastic of the TM that comes in touch with it (from grey to green) like the lid of the bowl, spatula, butterfly. This is an aesthetic change only which does not effect the cooking of subsequent dishes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice