- 150 grams red onion, cut in half
- 2 rashes of bacon, cut into 3-4 cm pieces (omit if vegetarian)
- 4-5 stalks parsley, leaves only
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams cheese, grated
- 1 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- 70 grams self-raising flour, (or 70 gms gluten-free flour mix with 1 t baking powder)
- 180 grams Milk
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 1/2 level tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 400 grams whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 45 grams spinach, roughly chopped, or grated courgette
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a quiche dish with butter or oil and set aside.
Place onion, bacon and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Repeat until desired texture.
Add the eggs, grated cheese, mustard, self raising flour, milk and salt and pepper and mix 3 sec/speed 4.
Add the drained corn and chopped spinach (or grated zucchini) and mix 4 sec/speed 3.
Carefully pour filling into prepared dish and bake for 30-40 minutes (180°C) or until firm and golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving with relish and a side salad.
Accessories you need
If you don't have any of the veggies used in the recipe, swap out for whatever you do have. You could add cooked chicken or salmon as an alternative protein source. Or make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheesy pasta
- Greek Pie
- Layered Steamed Vegetables
- Sauteed Siamese Gourd by @levi_nathania
- Coconut and Lemon Grass Curry Bowl
- Variation Shakshuka
- Gado Gado
- Porotos Granados
- Baked Ricotta and Pea Curry
- Indonesian Clear Spinach Soup @levi_nathania
- Stir Fried Meatballs with Chinese Cabbage by Levi
- Shimeji Tofu modified by Levi
- Baz’s Super Cottage Cheesy Alfredo
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche