- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 80 grams mature cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, a little pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 500 grams silverbeet, (leaves from one bunch)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, made in TMX
- 120 grams Butter
Make stale bread into breadcrumbs in the Thermomix bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Butter a souffle dish.
Have leftover (pre-cooked) rice ready to use.
Place into Thermomix bowl - cheese, egg, parsley, silverbeet, salt and pepper. Chop five seconds on speed five. Scrape down.
Add in rice. Slowly blend into cheese and silverbeet mixture for one minute on reverse speed 1 and a half.
Transfer into buttered souffle dish. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs. Dot top lavishly with butter.
Cover with foil until last ten minutes - it takes 35 minutes at 180 degrees.
An easy, ready-in-advance dish, and very high in protein.
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from a recipe by Elizabeth Godfrey used on Carefree Cooking, her television cooking show which aired on Channel 6 Hobart. Recipe published 1977 by Hydro Electric Corporation on a free flyer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Quick hash browns
- Nduja (Salami Spread)
- Vegetable and Tuna Pattie
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Chocolate Chipless Biscuits
- Heydon's Crepes