- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 80 grams mature cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, a little pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 500 grams silverbeet, (leaves from one bunch)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, made in TMX
- 120 grams Butter
Make stale bread into breadcrumbs in the Thermomix bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Butter a souffle dish.
Have leftover (pre-cooked) rice ready to use.
Place into Thermomix bowl - cheese, egg, parsley, silverbeet, salt and pepper. Chop five seconds on speed five. Scrape down.
Add in rice. Slowly blend into cheese and silverbeet mixture for one minute on reverse speed 1 and a half.
Transfer into buttered souffle dish. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs. Dot top lavishly with butter.
Cover with foil until last ten minutes - it takes 35 minutes at 180 degrees.
An easy, ready-in-advance dish, and very high in protein.
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from a recipe by Elizabeth Godfrey used on Carefree Cooking, her television cooking show which aired on Channel 6 Hobart. Recipe published 1977 by Hydro Electric Corporation on a free flyer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Choc Nut Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Pecan biscuits