- 200 grams red lentils
- 1/2 onion
- 3 centimetres ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams Ghee
- 1 tsp Ajwain seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Vege stock paste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 550 grams water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh lentils in thermoserver on top of TM then add boiling water. Cover and soak for 2-3 hours.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic into tmx bowl and chop 3 secs/sp 6, scrape down sides.
- Add ghee and spices and cook 3 mins/100 degrees/sp 1.
- Add drained lentils, tomato, stock paste and water and cook 18 mins/100 degrees//sp 1.
- Transfer to thermoserver and let stand (covered) for about 10 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)