- 6 Large Tomatoes, Or 1 Can tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 cans tinned tomotoes
- 1 cans brown lentils
- 1 portion Thermomix white sauce, 1 portion milk white sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoons Garlic Mince
- 1 heaped tablespoons dried oregano, Or small bunch Fresh Oregano
- 1 large eggplant, Or 2 small 2 cm sliced
- 1 level teaspoons paprika
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 level tbsp dried basil, or fresh
- 1 cup of veg stock
- 4 heaped tablespoons Vegan or Dairy Cheese
1h 45minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Roast fresh tomatoes on 180c for I hour and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool whilst preparing the next step.
Brush eggplant slice with oil. Roast eggplant until soft and browned on a separate tray
Eggplants will need they around 30 minutes of baking to soften and brown.
Make one quantity of white sauce using soy or dairy milk from the Everyday Cookbook. It makes about a litre.
In TM3, add capsicum, 1 carrot, herbs, tinned tomatoes and chop 5 seconds on speed 8. Spoon mixture into a separate bowl.
Chop onions in TM3 and blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Add minced garlic and dash olive oil and cook for 5 minutes on Varoma heat. Then add roast tomatoes and vegetable mix, drained lentils and 1 cup of stock. Add herbs and seasoning. Cook on Varoma for 15 minutes. Turn down the heat to 90 degrees if bubbling over.
Assembly of Moussaka:
Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce on bottom of large baking tray and then add sliced Eggplants Spoon a little white sauce and then the tomato sauce and keep alternating these layers as you would with a lasagne.
(Leave plenty of white source for final pouring over the whole dish)
Spoon over the remaining white sauce. Grate cheese (a mixture of tasty and feta) over the dish and bake for 40 minutes in a 180 degree oven.
Left over sauces can be frozen for the next Moussaka or lasagne or have with some pasta.
Vegan or Vegetarian Moussaka
Accessories you need
The white sauce can be made with soya milk. Use vegan or dairy milk. Red lentils or other canned beans can be used but the brown lentils are very nice.
Use fresh herbs and parsely or other left over vegetables.
This recipe freezes perfectly in portions or as whole dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Never try another hummus again!
- Corn and Potato Soup
- Next Level Pumpkin Soup
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Dairy Free Brazilian Cheese Puffs
- KFC Chicken Seasoning
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian