THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- dash sesame oil
- 400 g coconut cream, approx. 1 can
- basmati rice, Approx 1 cup for up to 6 portions
- sliced vegetables, see tip section for my suggestions
- sesame seeds
- cashew nuts, raw
- 1 fresh chilli, Optional
- fresh coriander, Optional
- handful of flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 1 tsp Rapadura or Raw Sugar, optional
- 1 tbsp Veg Stock Paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Scrape out of mixing bowl (using spatula). Add sesame oil & tamari to bowl and combine 3 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
Do not wash the mixing bowl.
- Weigh coconut cream in the mixing bowl and add water up to 1100g.
Add rice to simmering basket & rinse.
Place basket into mixing bowl and put lid in place
Put Varoma into position and spread firm veges out evenly within the tray to enable holes for the steam to come through. Pour some of the sesame/tamari dressing over the veges in the varoma and stir to cover (do this on top of the lid so any excess drops into the rice).
Leave softer vegetables (like capsicum, shallots, snow peas etc) until the end as they have a shorter cooking time.
Steam 10 min/Varoma temp/speed 2.
Add softer veges to the varoma ensuring there are holes for steam to come through. Add a handful of cashews & sesame seeds. Add remaining dressing & stir to combine.
Steam 10 min/Varoma temp/speed 2.
Check veges & remove rice.
Once cooked, remove Varoma tray and place rice & vege in a thermoserver to keep warm whilst you finish the sauce.
To the mixing bowl (with coconut cream etc still in there) add a handful of cashews, chilli, coriander / parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 2cm piece of ginger, couple more tbsp of soy / tamari sauce and vege stock paste.
Blend 1 min/speed 9.
If the sauce is too runny, add 1 tbs of cornflour and combine 10 secs/speed 5. Add 1 tbs each time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately - rice and vegetables with sauce drizzled on top.
My suggestion for the vegetables to use are:- thin wedges of onion-
2 celery sticks, leaves removed & thinly sliced-
2 carrots, thinly sliced-
broccoli, cut into small pieces-
chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
bok choy, thinly sliced-
red / green capsicum, thinly sliced-
snow peas- shallots, thinly sliced
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins