- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm galangal, fresh root
- 3 cm ginger, fresh root
- 2-6 Red Chillies, for mild curry use 2, for hot curry use 6
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 4 spring onions
- 1 stalk lemon grass, fresh
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar or rapadura
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Brown onion, large, halved
- 1 can low fat organic coconut milk, (400ml)
- 250 g water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 150 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped int 2 cm cubes
- 150 g cauliflower florets
- 150 g broccoli florets
- 150 g green beans, cut into strips
- 400 g firm tofu, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed in 1/4 cup water
- Steamed rice to serve
- Spring onion, garnish
- Bean sprouts, garnish
- Coriander, garnish
- Thai Basil, garnish
1. Mill cumin and coriander seeds 10 sec/speed 10.
2. Add garlic, ginger and galangal, chop 6 sec/speed 6.
3. Add remaining ingredients of curry paste and mix 10 sec/speed 10 or until blended into a smooth paste.
Scrape down with spatula and mill again if needed.
Add onion and chop 4 sec/speed 4.
Add sesame oil and saute for 2 mins/100 deg/speed 1.
Add coconut milk, water, stock concentrate, beans and pumpkin and cook for 5 mins/100 deg//speed 1.
Add cauliflower and broccoli and cook for further 5 min/100 deg//speed 1.
Then add tofu and cornflour mix and cook for 5 min/100 deg//speed 1.
Serve with boiled rice.
Garnish with spring onion, bean sprouts, coriander and thai basil.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry: