THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and cut roughly
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small handful marjoram or thyme
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g dry white wine
- 350 g arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate, (assuming salt is not at full strength)
- 1 litre water
- 200 g gorgonzola cheese, diced
- 100g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 crunchy eating apples, cored, halved
- 1 med.-large lemon, juiced
- 1 handful walnuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- extra EVOO, for serving
in a clean, dry bowl, grate Parmesan cheese for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Chop the apple and lemon juice - 2-3 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Chop onion, garlic and herbs (marjoram or thyme leaves) for 2-3 seconds on speed 6.
Add oil and saute 2 minutes at 100 degrees C. on speed 2 with MC off.
Add rice and wine. Saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2 - MC on.
Add vegetable stock concentrate and water. Set the TMX to do the stirring - 17 minutes on 100 degrees at speed 2.
Add to risotto, the butter, Parmesan, gorgonzola, goat’s cheese and chopped apple. Stir through without heat for 20 seconds on reverse/speed 1.
Pour into Thermoserver and let rest for five minutes before serving so the cheese can really ooze into it.
While you’re waiting, gently heat the walnuts in the Thermomix. 3 minutes - 90 degrees - reverse/speed 2.
Sprinkle the walnuts onto the risotto and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil before tucking in.
"This is like a Waldorf salad! The combo of strong cheese with apples and walnuts just works." "It should hold its shape but be soft, creamy and oozy. And the overall texture should be slightly looser than you think you want it."
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from the original recipe published on //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/risotto/apple-walnut-risotto-with-gorgonzola .
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Chicken Mushroom Risotto
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Cauliflower & Broccoli "Rice"
- Feta Meatballs with red sauce
- Creamy tomato, chicken and pasta
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry